SAS QI®, Version 5.0
The Quality Indicator modules are programs that run in the SAS statistical software package. To use these modules, users must have access to SAS which may be purchased from The SAS Institute.
Most components for running the software are included in the zip file below. The population files are now a separate download and may be used for area-level indicators. The software documentation describes the steps for implementing the AHRQ Quality Indicators and highlights features of the analytic approach of particular interest to users. The user must provide a hospital discharge-level data file in SAS format.
Software Release Notes
- Updated Software Release Notes - Version 5.0.3, February 2016 - Summary of changes from Version 5.0 to Version 5.0.3 of QI Software New!
- Software Release Notes - Version 5.0, March 2015 - Summary of the major changes from Version 4.5a to Version 5.0 of the Technical Specifications and QI Software
- 1995-2014 Population Files (ZIP) - Version 5.0 (5.0.3), February 2016
(SHA1 (v5.0.3): EA56DBFF52903D481B86DEBD52C6EE2F385D3742)
- AHRQ QI Population File Documentation (PDF) - Version 5.0 (5.0.3), February 2016
- Software Instructions - Version 5.0 (5.0.3), February 2016
Quality Indicators Module Software
|PQI Module||PSI Module|
|IQI Module||PDI Module|
The SAS 4.5a version of the QI modules can be found on the Archives page.
here (Posted: 12/15/2015) — New!
AHRQ is working on releasing the SAS 6.0 production version by late Spring/Summer 2016 that will be ICD-10 compatible.
here (Posted: 3/13/2015)
The SAS 5.0 version is ICD-9 compatible. The SAS 6.0 version will be ICD-10 compatible. For those users who will have 2015 ICD-10 data can use the Alpha version of ICD-10 that was just released by AHRQ.