The resources below broadly apply to the Quality Indicator modules and provide valuable background information on their development. They provide information about the life cycle of the AHRQ QIs and related topics, including the methodology used in the software to calculate the QIs. Resources are also available on AHRQ’s process to convert the QIs from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM/PCS.
AHRQ SAS Alpha ICD-10 Software (Version 4.5a) (Posted 2/23/2015) — New!
The ICD-10 Alpha software can be used to test ICD-10 data that has been converted to assess any impacts as a result of the data conversion.
- Quality Indicator Empirical Methods, Revised November 2014 (Posted: 3/31/2015) — Updated!
The Markov Chain Monte Carlo Integration Approximation in the AHRQ QI Prediction Module Closely Matches Exact Integration Results
Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in this document. For assistance contact the Quality Indicators support at (301) 427-1949 or by email at: QIsupport@ahrq.hhs.gov
- AHRQ ICD-10-CM/PCS Conversion Project, Nov 2013
- AHRQ Quality Indicator Measure Development, Implementation, Maintenance and Retirement:
- ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM/PCS Conversion of AHRQ Quality Indicators, March 2011
- AHRQ Quality Indicator Empirical Methods, May 2011
- Estimating Risk-Adjustment Models Incorporating Data on Present on Admission
- Calculating Standard Errors and Confidence Intervals for the AHRQ Quality Indicators
- Development of QI for the Home and Community-Based Services Population:
- AHRQ RAHM Workgroup Technical Report
Quality Indicator Reporting
Publicly reporting performance by specific hospitals is a key element that promotes enhanced patient care. The resources below provide information about how to publicly report QI results.
National Quality Forum
The National Quality Forum (NQF) is an independent, voluntary, consensus-based member organization that endorses standardized quality measures. Below is a list of the AHRQ QIs that are endorsed by the NQF.